Lemon-marinated tempeh, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes are delicious in this satisfyingyet lightcasserole. Shopping tip: We loved this made with Lightlifes Lemon Tempeh Grilles.
- 2 lb. Russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 2 5.5-oz. pkg. tempeh burgers, diced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Boil or steam potatoes 20 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to medium bowl (reserve cooking water) and mash with potato masher, adding tablespoonfuls of cooking water until potatoes are well-mashed.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring, 5 to 7 minutes, until soft. Stir in sauerkraut. Reduce heat to low; cover, and cook 15 minutes. Stir in tempeh, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until heated through. Season with pepper.
- Coat 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; add tempeh mixture. Spread potatoes on top, and brush with 1/2 Tbs. oil. Bake 30 minutes, then broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 378
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 642 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g