Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Whole amaranth seeds give these breadsticks a nutty crunch. Serve them hot from the oven for the best flavor and texture.
1. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Stir together amaranth flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, amaranth seeds, sugar, yeast, xanthan gum, garlic powder, and salt in bowl. Stir in oil and 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. warm (110°F) water. Beat dough with electric mixer on high speed 2 minutes, or until smooth.
2. Transfer dough to pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch round tip (or large plastic bag with 1 corner snipped off). Pipe dough into 14 breadsticks. Cover with cloth, and let rise in warm spot 30 minutes, or until breadsticks have doubled in thickness.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle breadsticks with chipotle chile powder and kosher salt, if using. Bake 20 minutes, or until dark golden brown all over and crisp on bottom. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size Makes 14 breadsticks
- Calories 65
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 86 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g