For authentic Southern flavor, top these tacos with prepared coleslaw instead of shredded lettuce.
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 Tbs. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup soy crumbles, such as Lightlife Gimme Lean
- 4 6-inch corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 Tbs. chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbs. pickle relish, optional
- To make BBQ Sauce: Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- To make Tacos: Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and carrots, and cook 3 minutes, or until vegetables are softened, stirring halfway through. Add soy crumbles and 2 Tbs. BBQ Sauce. Cook 8 minutes, or until soy crumbles are browned.
- Fill tortillas with soy crumble mixture. Top with red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and relish, if desired. Serve with BBQ Sauce.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 178
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 409 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g