Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
The contrasting flavors and textures in this dish are bright and satisfying. Meal Plan: Try this with some whole wheat Italian bread and a salad of mixed greens, tomato and cucumber.
- In large pot, bring 4 quarts water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 30 seconds. Add broccoli stalks and cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add bell pepper and vegetable broth and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets, lemon juice and basil. Cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until pasta is just tender, about 7 minutes; drain well.
- Add pasta to pan with vegetables and toss to mix. Remove pan from heat. Add miso and toss to mix. Transfer to shallow serving bowl.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Drizzle flaxseed oil (if using) over pasta and sprinkle with soy Parmesan and pinch of red pepper flakes if using. Serve hot.
- Serving Size SERVES 4
- Calories 163
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 386 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g