These crisp, sweet apple chips are a great munching option during the holidays.
- Makes 4 servings.Servings
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (6- to 7-ounce) tart apples, such as Granny Smith
1. Position oven racks at the top and bottom, and preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly coat the parchment with vegetable-oil cooking spray.
2. Stir the sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl until blended.
3. Stand apples upright on a cutting board. Cut 1/4 inch vertically off the right and left sides. Using a mandolin for 1/16-inch slices, carefully cut slices until you reach the core. Turn the apple over, and slice until you reach the core again. Repeat with the second apple. Arrange the apples in a single layer on the parchment. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the sheets from top to bottom and from back to front. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until edges begin to curl, feel almost crisp, and are deep golden. Let cool completely (they will crisp up more).