Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Charmingly old-fashioned, these wholesome bars pair the comforting flavors of apples and oats. Theyre the perfect snack to pack in a lunch box or enjoy with a cup of tea.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 9-inch square baking pan, or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in mixing bowl. Using fork or fingertips, work in oil and cider until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press about 1 1/2 cups oat mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with apples. Mix walnuts into remaining oat mixture, sprinkle evenly over apples and pat into even layer.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
- Serving Size Serves 16
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 100 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g