Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These delectable muffins are equally good served warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 12 standard (1/3 cup) muffin cups, or spray with cooking spray.
- To make Streusel Topping: Stir together oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut butter into small pieces, and rub it into oat-flour mixture until texture resembles granola. Set aside.
- To make Batter: Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in mixing bowl. Whisk together milk, butter, egg and vanilla in separate bowl. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until batter comes together. Stir in apple pieces. Spoon into muffin cups. Top each with a heaping tablespoon of streusel.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of muffin in middle of pan comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then unmold muffins onto a wire cooling rack.
- Serving Size Serves 12
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 230 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g