To use this recipe as a dessert, place the sauce in small bowls, and serve it with a dollop of whipped cream. This apple concoction is also good for breakfast. For the best results, use sugar and water in equal amounts.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbs. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water
- 8 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange blossom water
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to low, and add apples, lemon zest, lemon juice and orange blossom water.
- Cook, stirring often, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken and dry out. Remove from heat, and serve hot or cooled.
- Serving Size: MAKES 5 TO 6 CUPS
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Sugar Content: 30 g