This dense, fruity cake is a heavenly marriage of ripe apricots, honey and almonds. If apricots are very large, cut them into eighths.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 10-inch springform pan.
- Make fruit layer: In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except flour. Sprinkle flour over fruit and toss once or twice to blend. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix honey, oil, arrowroot mixture and vanilla. In third large bowl, mix both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift flour mixture over honey mixture and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Pour a little less than half the batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Spoon apricot mixture in an even layer over batter. Pour remaining batter over apricots and spread evenly. Bake 30 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes more. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes, then remove side of pan. Cool completely before cutting. Serve in small squares.
- Serving Size 10 servings
- Calories 451
- Carbohydrate Content 70 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 95 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g