Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Served over healthful brown rice, this easy-to-assemble Asian-inspired entrée will please family and friends with its combination of sweet and sour tastes.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions, and when ready, remove from heat and set aside, covered.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add oil and stir-fry ginger, mushrooms and seitan for 2 to 3 minutes, or until seitan is browned. Add garlic, bok choy and apricots, and continue stir-frying for 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 cups vegetable stock, sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar. Stir together 1/2 cup vegetable stock and cornstarch to make a slurry, and combine with sesame oil mixture. Pour over contents of wok, stir well and cover. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, or until sauce thickens. Uncover, stir well and remove from heat.
- Spoon rice onto serving platter or individual dishes, and top each with equal portions of apricot mixture. Serve while hot.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 670 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g