This luscious pudding is wonderful served on its own, with one of the cream toppings or as a pie filling.
- Soak apricots in 2 cups apricot juice for 15 minutes. Pour remaining 2 cups juice in heavy-bottomed medium saucepan. Stir in agar flakes and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine apricots with soaking juice, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bring agar mixture to slow simmer over low heat and simmer until flakes are dissolved. Add soy milk, stirring often to prevent it from burning.
- In a small bowl, dissolve kudzu in 1/4 cup water. When the kudzu is completely dissolved, whisk it into soy milk mixture. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In food processor, process apricots until smooth. Add to soy mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Transfer pudding to a shallow casserole, bring to room temperature, then refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, process mixture in a food processor until smooth. Serve in parfait glasses with a dollop of Tofu Cream (see recipe below) if desired.
- Serving Size 8 Servings
- Calories 314
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 68 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g