Bright and flavorful, these apricot squares are a great gift idea year-long.
- Makes 16 servings.Servings
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Reheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the foil.
2. In a food processor, blend the apricots and the coconut until the mixture is crumbly. Pulse in the almond flour. Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients until all are well combined.
3. With your fingers, press the batter into the pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until firm.
4. Let cool in pan for 1 hour. Lift out by the foil and cut into 16 squares. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Recipe printed with permission from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam.