Toasted green pepitas, or pumpkin seeds, add crunch. To toast them, spread out on an ungreased skillet, and heat over medium heat, stirring until they pop and brown.
- 1 1/2 cups raw, long-grain white rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. vegetable or pumpkin seed oil
- 4 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Place rice in strainer, and rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Drain.
- Heat broth in saucepan over medium heat until it boils.
- Heat oil in separate saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and sauté until golden brown and sticky. Pour in rice, and stir to coat each grain with oil. Add hot broth and salt, stir and return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 25 minutes. Turn off heat, but do not remove lid for 10 minutes. Fluff rice with fork while adding herbs and pepitas. Serve with Calabazas y Camotes al Horno on top of scoop of Mole Poblano.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 450
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 400 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g