Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Frozen artichoke hearts are superior in taste to canned.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly oil 2-qt. gratin dish.
- Toss diced tomatoes with artichoke hearts, scallions, 1 Tbs. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. oregano and 1/4 tsp. salt in bowl. Set aside.
- Put beans, stock, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper in food processor; purée. Line bottom of dish with half sliced sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and remaining pepper. Spread on bean mixture, add artichoke mixture and cover with potatoes; reserve 20 slices.
- Arrange tomato slices and remaining sweet potato slices on top, overlapping edges. Brush with remaining oil. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and salt. Dust with pepper. Cover.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove cover, and sprinkle top with ground walnuts. Bake 15 minutes more, or until topping is golden brown. Wait 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 400
- Carbohydrate Content 63 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 18 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 740 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g