Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Although it tastes slow-cooked, this dish (inspired by hearty northern Italian meals) can be assembled in minutes. And it will please even children, not to mention adults—and the cook.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, add frozen artichoke hearts and simmer long enough to thaw, about 5 minutes. Drain off cooking water, and set pot aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, add potato and sauté 10 minutes, or until tender. Add pepper strips and garlic, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Put artichoke hearts, potato mixture and pitted olives in large mixing bowl. Add soy mayonnaise and Italian seasoning, and blend in gently but well. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper, scoop into baking dish, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until breadcrumb topping is golden. Serve hot.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 426
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 529 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g