Crispy on the outside and creamy inside, rösti (skillet potatoes) are a Swiss favorite for dinner. Here, frozen hash browns stand in for the grated and blanched potatoes to save time.
- 1/2-cup servingServings
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 6.5-oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil, divided
1. Rinse hash browns under warm running water until thawed. Drain on paper towels. Combine hash browns with artichoke hearts and parsley in bowl.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Press potato mixture into circle in pan with spatula. Drizzle 1 1/2 tsp. oil over top. Cook 6 to 7 minutes.
3. Invert rösti onto plate. Add remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil to pan. Slide rösti into skillet. Cook 6 minutes more, or until browned on second side. Slide onto serving plate, and let stand 2 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 376
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 330 mg