Other garnishing elements, such as mushrooms, olives, cheese, may accompany or replace the roasted peppers in this simple salad.
- 2 jarred roasted red bell peppers, patted dry and julienned
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 bunches of arugula, trimmed, rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- In small bowl, combine pepper strips with 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- To serve, rub inside of large bowl well with cut sides of garlic. Add arugula to bowl. Add remaining vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, peppers and marinade and toss again.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 133
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 15 mg