Toasted tofu cubes add surprising crunch.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 oz. firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 bunches arugula, washed and dried
- 1 cup sliced domestic mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make Dressing: Place vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in food processor or blender, and, with motor running, slowly add olive oil in steady stream.
- To make Croutons: Place tofu cubes and onion slices on sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- To make Salad: Toss all ingredients in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing, and toss again.
- Garnish with tofu croutons and roasted onions before serving.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 580
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 57 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 440 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g