Feel free to improvise using your favorite cheese and dried herbs.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (½ 17.5-oz. pkg.), thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ oz. Asiago cheese, grated (½ cup)
- 1½ tsp. poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp. ground sage
1. Roll out pastry to 10-inch square. Brush with egg, and sprinkle with cheese, seeds, and sage. Fold in half, and roll back out to 10-inch square. Chill.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut dough into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Twist strips into screw-like twists. Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet 12 minutes, or until golden. Cool on pan.
- Serving Size: Makes about 15 Twists
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 118 mg