Chopped salads are so easy to assemble and eat that they should become part of every cook’s repertoire. This nutritious version puts an Asian spin on the theme. Offer crisp breadsticks and iced green tea as accompaniments.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 8 oz. Oriental-style baked tofu, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup wasabi-seasoned peas
- 1/2 cup soy nuts
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger, or more to taste
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- Tamari Oriental-style salad dressing to taste
- Squeeze diced cucumber to remove excess moisture. In separate bowl, combine tofu, red pepper, edamame, peas and soy nuts.
- Add cucumber, and sprinkle salad with ginger and sesame seeds. Toss with desired amount of dressing, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 200 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g