Once the vegetables have been sliced, this tasty main dish salad can be thrown together in minutes.
Meal plan: Serve these noodles with a packaged miso soup mix.
- 12 oz. dry egg noodles
- 8 oz. snow peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 2 Tbs. peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 oz. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 3 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. hoisin sauce
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Blanch snow peas in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water, then pat dry. Transfer to medium bowl. Add carrots and scallions.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and chile pepper and cook, stirring often, 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add mushrooms to bowl with vegetables.
- Add vinegar, ginger and hoisin sauce to pan and warm through. Pour over vegetables. Add noodles and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 236
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 28 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 154 mg