Cooking the frozen edamame and grated carrots in the same pot as the noodles saves both cooking and cleaning-up time. For real speed and ease, pick up some store-bought sesame-shiitake dressing for the noodles, and skip making the dressing.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1 8.8-oz. pkg. udon noodles, preferably brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 small bunch watercress (6 oz.), coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
1. To make Dressing: Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and 2 Tbs. water in bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Noodles: Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles, and cook 5 minutes less than minimum recommended cooking time on package. Add edamame and carrots, and continue cooking until noodles are tender. (If noodles cook in 5 minutes, add all ingredients at once.) Drain.
3. Return mixture to pot. Stir in watercress, green onions, sesame seeds and Dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 452
- Carbohydrate Content: 60 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 740 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g