30 MINUTES OR LESS
Green papaya is almost flavorless and readily lends itself to an assertive dressing; for an even bolder flavor, add diced, fresh chilies to the salad. Remember that if you can’t find this fruit preshredded, allow extra preparation time for shredding your own. An Asian-style seasoned and baked tofu adds another element of texture and flavor; if you can’t find baked tofu, be sure at least to select a firm variety, even if it is unseasoned.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry tempeh in two batches for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crispy and golden. Drain on paper towels and place in small bowl with 3 tablespoons soy sauce to marinate. Refrigerate to cool.
- Fill serving bowl with shredded green papaya and toss with diced tomatoes.
- To make dressing, stir together lime juice, tamari soy sauce, sugar, garlic and oil to taste. Stir until sugar dissolves. Toss papaya and tomatoes with dressing.
- Just before serving, toss tempeh and tofu with shredded papaya. Garnish with mint leaves and sesame seeds and serve.
- Serving Size: 3 to 4 Servings
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 1600 mg