Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These tofu cakes are delicious served with steamed rice and sautéed sliced bok choy. For dessert make a fresh-fruit salad sprinkled with a little toasted coconut.
- In small skillet, toast sesame seeds until golden brown, stirring often, 1 minute. Transfer to small plate and set aside.
- Pat tofu dry with paper towel and place in medium bowl. Mash tofu with fork until it resembles chopped eggs.
- Mix in egg whites, flour, ginger, scallions, peas, soy sauce and salt and white pepper to taste, until well blended.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil.
- Add about 1/4 cup tofu mixture per cake to skillet, flattening with back of spoon to form small cakes. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. In small bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and reserved scallion.
- To serve tofu cakes, sprinkle with sesame seeds and accompany with sesame-soy sauce on the side.
- Serving Size 6 SERVINGS
- Calories 194
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 723 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g