This is definitely a knife-and-fork tartine, as the seasoned vegetables are perched atop slices of marinated tofu and there’s no cheese or spread to help them stick to the bread. Serve with a bowl of miso soup or a side of sesame noodles for a light meal.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 10-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 12 slices
- 6 1/2-inch slices sourdough bread
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and 3 Tbs. water in medium bowl. Add tofu slices, and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove tofu slices from marinade, and place 3 on each bread slice. Add remaining ingredients to marinade, and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables over tofu on bread slices.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 783 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g