This hearty one-pan frittata makes for a beautiful savory dish to add to any brunch spread.
For the frittata:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and leeks, and sauté until the veggies are softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in lemon zest and set aside.
3. Stir the leek-and-asparagus mixture into the eggs. Meanwhile, place the pan back on the stovetop over medium heat and coat with just a bit more olive oil. Pour the egg-and-veggie mixture into the pan, and add ricotta in 6-8 dollops. Cook for about 10 minutes until the eggs have mostly set. Reduce heat to low and cover the pan tightly. Continue cooking on the stovetop for another 15 minutes until the top of the frittata is fully cooked.
4. Remove from heat and let rest for a couple of minutes. Use a spatula to loosen the frittata and transfer it to a serving plate. Season with more pepper, and serve each piece with a dollop of aioli or top with arugula tossed with olive oil and lemon juice.
For the garlic aioli:
1. Add the salt to the chopped garlic and mash to a paste in a mortar and pestle, or use the flat end of your knife to crush the garlic and smear with salt on your cutting board. Transfer the paste to a medium mixing bowl and add the egg yolk, whisking to create the base for aioli.
2. Slowly drip the grapeseed oil into the bowl with one hand while whisking the egg mixture with your other hand. As the mixture starts to emulsify, begin pouring the oil in a thin, steady stream and continue to whisk constantly. Once you use up the grapeseed oil, switch to olive oil and continue the process. Make sure to taste the aioli along the way—the olive oil may impart a strong flavor and you may decide not to use all of the oil.
3. When you are satisfied with your aioli, you may add more salt to taste and a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of chef Kristin Cole of Gospel Flat Farm in Bolinas, CA.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g