- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin julienne strips
- 1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbs. water
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/3 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. fresh portobello or shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- Place dried mushrooms in small heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and fresh mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender. Add sherry, salt and mushroom liquid.
- Add asparagus, bell pepper and dried mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, until asparagus are tender, about 7 minutes. Add dissolved cornstarch and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer until it thickens slightly, about 30 seconds.
- Serve asparagus mixture over quinoa.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 132
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 26 mg