- 1 cup chopped (into 1-inch lengths) fresh asparagus
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short narrow strips
- 12- to 14-inch prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Dried oregano to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 °F or according to directions on pizza crust package.
- Steam asparagus and bell pepper with a small amount of water in a saucepan, covered, until crisp-tender. Drain vegetables well.
- Place crust on baking sheet and spread sauce evenly over it. Sprinkle with cheese, then asparagus mixture. Top with a sprinkling of dried oregano.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let stand 2 to 3 minutes, then cut into 4 large or 8 small wedges to serve.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 255
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 22 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 817 mg