Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- In medium bowl, mash tofu with fork. Add egg and egg whites, turmeric, pepper and salt and mix well. Set aside. In small saucepan, gently warm tomato sauce over low heat.
- In steamer basket, layer vegetables. Set basket in 1 1/2-qt. Pot filled with 1/2-inch water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and steam until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. With large, slotted spoon, immediately transfer vegetables to serving plate.
- In 9-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until oil sizzles. (Pan must be hot or eggs will stick.) Tilt skillet to coat evenly.
- Pour in tofu-egg mixture all at once, then reduce heat to medium-low. As eggs begin to set up, push cooked portion aside with a spatula, then let uncooked portion run under. Repeat as eggs start to set up. Cook until eggs are cooked throughout but still glossy and moist, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Transfer to plate and serve with tomato sauce.
- Serving Size Serves 1
- Calories 409
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 213 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 787 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g