Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
For entertaining ease, make this main dish a day ahead, then pop it into the oven an hour before you sit down to eat.
1. Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add leek and garlic, and sauté 8 minutes, or until soft. Add asparagus and mushrooms, and cook 4 minutes more, or until asparagus is tender. Set aside.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs, mustard, and basil in bowl. Set aside.
3. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of bread cubes in single layer in baking dish. Spoon asparagus mixture over top, and cover with remaining bread cubes. Arrange goat cheese rounds over top. Pour egg mixture over all, pressing down with spoon to submerge bread. Cover, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake bread pudding 45 minutes, or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size Makes 9 slices
- Calories 370
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 119 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 594 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g