Wok-it-up with this simple and healthy meal that leaves a refreshing kick.
Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side.
- Sesame oil (cold-pressed for stir-frying, and toasted for drizzling on the finished dish)
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch-long and 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 small red chilies, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Fine-grain sea salt
1. Heat a small amount of cold-pressed sesame oil in a wok or large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the tofu and cook for a few minutes until golden. Remove from the pan.
2. Add another small amount of oil to the wok, and as soon as it's hot, add the garlic, ginger, chilies, and asparagus. Stir for 1 or 2 minutes, and then return the tofu to the pan. Stir in the lime zest and juice. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat. Drizzle with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the toasted sesame oil, and salt to taste.
Extra: Read the full Yoga Journal article, All Dressed Up