- serving with 1 tablespoon garlic mayonnaiseServings
- 1 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, tarragon or chervil
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- Garlic mayonnaise: In medium bowl, mix all ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Whisk well before serving.
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, arrange asparagus on plates and serve hot with spoonful of garlic mayonnaise.
- Alternatively, serve asparagus cold. After cooking, drain asparagus, rinse with cold water until cool, then drain again. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6 servings
- Calories: 58
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 110 mg