The key to this recipe is using the ripest, creamiest Hass avocados you can find. Avocados are high in vitamins C and E and monounsaturated fats that have been shown to help lower cholesterol. To reduce the sodium content, omit the miso paste and simply season the soup with just a hint of sea salt. The bisque will keep for one day in the fridge.
- 1-cup servingServings
- 2 medium avocados, diced (2 cups)
- 1 Tbs olive oil, hemp oil, or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbs. white miso paste
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary or
- 2/3 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced orange or yellow bell pepper
To make Bisque:
1. Place all ingredients and 3 & 1/2 cups water in blender or food processor, and purée until smooth.
2. Divide Bisque among 4 bowls, and top each serving with 2 Tbs. diced tomatoes and 2 Tbs. diced bell pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 245 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g