Almost any savory dish, such as enchiladas or quesadillas, will get raves when accompanied by this colorful salsa. Avocados and tomatillos are natural partners, complemented perfectly by cilantro and lime juice. This will keep for two days in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- 2 ripe medium avocados, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. diced red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. diced green bell pepper
- 1 Tbs. sliced scallions
- 4 tomatillos, husked, rinsed and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- In large bowl, combine avocados, bell peppers, scallion and half of the tomatillos. Stir to mix.
- In blender or food processor, place remaining tomatillos. Add garlic, cilantro, chiles and lime juice. Process until mixture is smooth. With motor running, drizzle in oil until well blended.
- Add puree to vegetables in bowl and mix thoroughly. Season with salt. Let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 6 to 8 Servings
- Calories: 181
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 12 mg