Sometimes there’s nothing better on a hot day than a cold soup. Avocado
adds a rich flavor twist to this classic recipe, but avocados turn brown
readily, so don’t make this more than one day ahead of serving or its
fresh, green color may alter. Top the soup with grated cucumber, if
- Steam potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Put potatoes, avocado, milk and stock in a food processor or blender, and purée until smooth. Add more stock, if necessary, for desired smoothness. Transfer soup to bowl, and stir in chives, salt and pepper to taste. Cover tightly, and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 170
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 320 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g