Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The flavor here captures the essence of the Middle Eastern eggplant classic, baba ghanoush. Consider such traditional
accompaniments that go so well with
eggplant, such as olives and cucumbers.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil cookie sheet.
- Cut eggplant in half, and place cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake until soft, about 45 minutes. Scrape softened eggplant flesh into blender. Process until smooth. Add tahini, tofu and seasonings, and process until smooth.
- Just before serving, stir in coriander leaves and heat eggplant mixture to boiling. Transfer eggplant mixture to fondue pot or crockpot. Keep fondue warm over alcohol burner or in crockpot on lowest setting. Serve with accompaniments.
Syrah-based wines from the Middle East make nice companions for this fondue: Try Qupé Cellars Syrah Colson Canyon Vineyard.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 300 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g