Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hearty quinoa compliments a rich spice palate in this dinner-worthy salad.
1. Place the feta in a small bowl and cover with olive oil. Add garlic slivers, pepper, and chili. Let marinate overnight, if possible, or at least for a few hours. Remove feta and crumble, straining oil and reserving it for the dressing.
2. Blanch green beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water and drain after a few minutes.
3. For the dressing, mix together minced garlic, cumin, cayenne, honey, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Whisk in reserved olive oil. Set aside.
4. Combine lettuces, radishes, lemon segments, green beans, thyme, and parsley leaves. Toss gently with the dressing, reserving some to dress the cooked quinoa separately. Add the dressed quinoa to the salad and serve topped with crumbled marinated feta.
Recipe courtesy of chef Kristin Cole of Gospel Flat Farm in Bolinas, CA.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g