Sautéed leeks add a milder, sweeter flavor than onions to this hearty sweet potato dish that can be served with a salad as a light main course.
- 1-cup servingServings
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts chopped (6 cups)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (2 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 Tbs. Italian seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs. finely grated Romano cheese, optional
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat 10-inch round pan with cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, garlic, and 1 1/2 Tbs. rosemary; sauté 8 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Arrange one-third sweet potato slices over bottom of prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Spread half of leek mixture on top. Arrange another one-third sweet potato slices over leeks; top with remaining leeks, followed by remaining sweet potatoes. Drizzle broth over dish. Cover pan with foil, and bake 35 minutes.
4. Stir together breadcrumbs, remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil, remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. rosemary, and Romano cheese, if desired, in small bowl. Remove foil from gratin, and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are browned and crisp. Let gratin cool slightly before cutting into 8 wedges and serving.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 143
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 402 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g