Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Sautéed leeks add a milder, sweeter flavor than onions to this hearty sweet potato dish that can be served with a salad as a light main course.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat 10-inch round pan with cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, garlic, and 1 1/2 Tbs. rosemary; sauté 8 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Arrange one-third sweet potato slices over bottom of prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Spread half of leek mixture on top. Arrange another one-third sweet potato slices over leeks; top with remaining leeks, followed by remaining sweet potatoes. Drizzle broth over dish. Cover pan with foil, and bake 35 minutes.
4. Stir together breadcrumbs, remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil, remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. rosemary, and Romano cheese, if desired, in small bowl. Remove foil from gratin, and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are browned and crisp. Let gratin cool slightly before cutting into 8 wedges and serving.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 143
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 402 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g