Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- 8-10 piecesServings
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 bunch scallions, minced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 2-4 tablespoons shoyu
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Wash millet in sieve. Drain well. In sauce pot, dry roast over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes or until millet smells like popcorn.
3. Add water and salt to millet and bring to a boil. Simmer 30 minutes until water is absorbed. Cool millet in a large bowl.
4. Grind sunflower seeds in food processor. Add to millet, along with scallions, parsley and carrots. Add shoyu to taste, and squeeze mixture together with hands until soft and sticky.
5. Form into croquettes and bake on greased cookie sheet until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
See Also: Chole Recipe