Oven-baking porridge means that you can swap standing at the hob and stirring constantly for simply mixing everything together and leaving it to morph into breakfast heaven under its own steam.
- Cook Time
- 160 g/1 3/4 cups jumbo oats
- 1.2 litres/5 cups oat milk, plus extra to serve
- 75 g/1/2 cup mixed seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe, but firm pears, cored and diced
- 80 g/2/3 cup mixed dried berries (sultans/golden raisins, goji berries, golden berries, cranberries, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons toasted toasted flaked/slivered almonds, to serve
- 4-5 tablespoons date syrup, to serve
Preheat the oven to 170∞C (325∞F) Gas 3.
Mix the oats and oat milk together. Stir in the seeds, vanilla bean paste, ground cinnamon, diced pears and dried berries. Pour everything into a roasting pan, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon into bowls. Scatter with the toasted almonds and drizzle with date syrup and extra oat milk as desired. Serve at once.
Excerpted from The Flexitarian Cookbook: Adaptable Recipes for Part-Time Vegetarians and Vegans, compiled by Julia Charles; Ryland Peters & Small, 2019. Reprinted with permission.