This recipe works well with frozen fruit—and you don’t have to do any peeling and slicing! Serve warm or chilled, on its own or with a scoop of nondairy frozen dessert. It’s also a great topping for waffles or porridge.
- Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In large bowl, combine blueberries and peaches (plus juices), tapioca, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and cardamom (if using). Transfer to 2-quart (or slightly larger) baking dish. Sprinkle pecans or walnuts on top. Set pan on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until fruit is tender and juices are thick and bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes. If nuts begin to burn before fruit is done, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Set crisp on wire rack and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 8 Servings
- Calories: 243
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 3 mg