Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This recipe works well with frozen fruit—and you don’t have to do any peeling and slicing! Serve warm or chilled, on its own or with a scoop of nondairy frozen dessert. It’s also a great topping for waffles or porridge.
- Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In large bowl, combine blueberries and peaches (plus juices), tapioca, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and cardamom (if using). Transfer to 2-quart (or slightly larger) baking dish. Sprinkle pecans or walnuts on top. Set pan on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until fruit is tender and juices are thick and bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes. If nuts begin to burn before fruit is done, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Set crisp on wire rack and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size 8 Servings
- Calories 243
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g