Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The vegetable stew also makes a great topping over baked sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pierce potatoes with tines of fork and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring often, until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin. Add tomatoes, broth and beans. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Add yellow squash and zucchini. Cover and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, split baked potatoes and mash their pulp slightly. Spoon vegetable stew into center.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 392
- Carbohydrate Content 80 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 225 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g