- 16 small red-skinned potatoes
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes(not oil-packed)
- 2 Tbs. toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat baking pan with olive oil cooking spray, and spray or brush potatoes with olive oil. Bake potatoes until tender, 20 to 30 minutes; allow to cool. If potatoes are large, cut in half or in thick slices before baking.
- In medium bowl, pour very hot or boiling water over tomatoes and let stand until softened, about 15 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove tomatoes; reserve water.
- In food processor or blender, purée tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic and basil. Gradually pour in oil and 1/4 cup reserved tomato water. Add more for a thinner pesto. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- If not already halved, cut potatoes in half (or into thick slices if large). Using a teaspoon, scoop out some potato to form a cavity for the pesto. Fill with about 1 teaspoon of pesto; place on serving plate and sprinkle with parsley or basil.
- Serving Size: 8 Servings
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 150 mg