Depending on taste and what’s freshest in the market, combine zucchini with crookneck or other summer squash, or use only one squash variety. You can enhance flavors by adding extra goat cheese.
- 3 large summer squash, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbs. melted butter
- 2 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In large mixing bowl, toss together squash, onion, butter, parsley, salt and pepper and breadcrumbs until crumbs are well distributed. Gently stir in crumbled goat cheese and spoon mixture into large heatproof baking dish.
- Bake at 450F. for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with oregano. Serve immediately.
The combination of summer zucchini, goat cheese, oregano and olives calls for Sauvignon Blanc. Try Brander Sauvignon Blanc Santa Ynez Valley Cuvée Nicolas
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 990 mg