Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
To assemble these tacos quickly and efficiently, place all readied ingredients in front of you. That way, the filling and folding can be accomplished in minutes. For a change of taste, use refried pinto beans. Serve the baked tacos with a light salad of watercress, orange sections and nuts.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spray 9×13-inch baking dish or larger baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Starting with 1 tortilla, spread half of tortilla with 2 heaping tablespoons beans, place 2 slices tofu on beans, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped chiles and 1 tablespoon grated cheese. Wrap tightly, and place in baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, arranging filled and rolled tortillas snugly into dish. When complete, pour salsa over top, spreading it out evenly, and sprinkle with remaining cheese, covering tortillas evenly with cheese. Cover baking dish completely with foil.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and filling is heated through. Garnish as desired, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 610
- Carbohydrate Content 78 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 1390 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g