Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These breaded nuggets become firm and chewy as they bake. Kids will enjoy dipping them into their favorite sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil nonstick baking sheet.
- Cut tofu into1/2-inch-thick slices. Blot well between kitchen towels or several layers of paper towels, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. In shallow bowl, beat egg white with a fork. Add tofu cubes; stir gently to coat.
- In small bowl, mix together wheat germ, cornmeal and seasoned salt until well combined. Add tofu in small batches and toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer tofu to prepared baking sheet, spacing well apart. Bake until golden and firm, 15 to 20 minutes, turning with spatula every 5 minutes. Serve hot with sauce for dipping or topping.
- Serving Size 6 kid-size servings
- Calories 109
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 56 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g