Get the cheesy, crunchy satisfaction of nachos without all the fat by baking your own tortilla chips (it’s easier than making a batch of cookies), then serving them with a salsa laced with queso blanco, a crumbly Mexican cheese.
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked or canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso blanco or feta
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- To make Chipotle-Corn Salsa: Combine tomatoes, corn, pinto beans, green onions, chipotle chiles and lime juice in medium serving bowl. Stir in cilantro and queso blanco. Season with salt.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut each tortilla in half, then cut each half into three triangles (72 triangles total). Arrange triangles evenly on 2 baking sheets (it’s okay if some overlap). Bake 15 minutes; flip triangles, and bake 15 minutes more, or until golden and crisp. Arrange tortilla chips around salsa bowl.
- Serving Size: Serves 12
- Calories: 102
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 103 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g