To toast the nuts for this recipe, preheat the oven to 375F. Spread the nuts on separate pans, and toast the almonds for 7 minutes and the pine nuts for 4 to 5 minutes. If you want to use the Willow Pond Farm jellies, these are available from www.willowpondherbs.com.
- 12 fresh Black Mission figs, trimmed
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 12 toasted blanched whole almonds
- 24 toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Willow Pond Farm Cranberry-Sage Jelly, or other herb jelly
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut a 1 1/2-inch-deep X in the top of each fig, and squeeze the sides gently to open up the top.Arrange the figs on a baking sheet, standing with cut ends up.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon goat cheese into each fig, mounding the cheese slightly. Press an almond and 2 pine nuts onto the cheese.
- Warm the jelly in a saucepan until it becomes liquid, and drizzle it over the figs.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warm throughout. Transfer to a platter, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 55 mg
- Sugar Content: 28 g